SB 61 Heads to the Governor's Desk!
SD Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Coalition
**LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERT – SB 61**
DATE: February 14, 2017
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY NURSES!
STATUS: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! SB61 passed out of the House today 62-6 with 2 excused! Voting NAY were: Conzet, Duvall, Heinemann, Rounds, Stevens, and York. McPherson was supportive but unable to be on the floor today. The opponents introduced an amendment to increase transition to practice hours for new licensees from 1040 to 2000, but it failed by a vote of 19-49. The bill is now on its way to the Governor’s office for signature. When signed, SB61 will become effective July 1, 2017. A signing date will be arranged with the Governor’s office to allow any/all to attend and celebrate. Stay tuned for a date!
- Send a thank you email, letter or note to all the House members who supported the final bill. http://sdlegislature.gov/Legislative_Session/Bills/RollCall.aspx?Vote=23194&Session=2017
- Include a special thanks to Reps. Hunhoff, Rozum, Steinhauer, Holmes, Soli and McCleery for their floor speeches in support of the bill prior to House action.
- Attend your local crackerbarrels during the next few weeks to thank lawmakers personally and publicly.
- Remember their votes when election time comes.
HOW TO CONTACT:
- A written message is the most effective communication with legislators. See links to Reps below. Lawmakers’ home address, legislative email address and phone numbers can be found at: http://sdlegislature.gov/Legislators/default.aspx?CurrentSession=True
- Address your letter or email to: Representative _______.
- Reference bill number in the opening of your communication, e.g.SB61 – Advanced Practice Nurse Legislation
- Your communication should include:
- Your name and legislative district.
- A personal thank you message about how SB61 will make a difference in your practice or future.
HOUSE Of REPRESENTATIVES
Hunhoff, Jean M ** LEAD