Congrats to Mandy Wilde from South Dakota State University who is our 2016 $500 NP Student Scholarship Winner!
Attention all South Dakota Nurse Practitioner Students! Applications for NPASD Scholarship are due by September 1, 2017.
NPASD Student Scholarship Information:
- One $1000 winner will be awarded at the fall NPASD Annual Meeting to be held during the Fall Conference.
- Student definition: Any student enrolled in a SD College NP Program or Internet program with a majority of clinical experiences in South Dakota (Master's or Doctorate) completing at least 1/2 of credits required to graduate, with intent to practice in SD.
- Membership in NPASD: Will be required (student membership is $25), Please register as a student on the NPASD website IF YOU ARE NOT already a member. A requirement for the Scholarship Winner is to contribute a Clinical Pearl or short article that impacts NP practice, to be published in one of the next three NPASD newsletters.
Application to include:
- Written statement of personal perception for NP role/practice in SD (one double-spaced typed page)
- School verification of student status with completion of 1/2 of credits by September 1, 2017.
- All items are to be emailed in one package by September 1, 2017 (with no exceptions) to NPASD.Executivedirector@gmail.com
- Applicants meeting the above criteria will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disabilities or national origin.
- 2015: Rachel Lynde
- 2014: Katie Huff
- 2013: Nicole Gibson
- 2012-13: Kathy Nevins
- 2009-2010: Kathy Zambo & Alahna Gross
- 2008-9: No applications
- 2007-8: Robin Arends